Friday, September 7, 2012

Welcome to Asphalt Redemption

This blog was created to document my motorcycle journeys on and off the road.
Hope you enjoy! Shane Von Cycles



   Throughout my travels I've met a lot of interesting people. A wide array of characters that no screenwriter could ever dream up. Some people I've met were very nice, some excelled in the art of Douchebaggery and, some I have met were uniquely inspiring and some can change your life or at the least -the way you think about it. I've met random people in remote locations that are still my good friends to this day. I've met famous people who turned out to be completely ordinary, and ordinary people who believed they were famous. I've met people who have tried to kill themselves in various ways and people who have tried to kill Me in various ways. Some have made me laugh and some have made me -not really laugh. I once met Ben Vereens' Dad, and there was that girl I met in a shop in Helsinki ......  When traveling long distances via motorcycle, you will inevitably find your fate in the hands of generous strangers who will help and guide you along your journey. You may only know them for a short time, but the difference they make can be great.
       As far as Honda riders go its a toss up. Some you meet -really are nice, and the others you meet need to sell their Hondas and buy a BMW.  Shane

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see the poster with the caption:
    "You meet the greasiest geniuses on a Triumph/BMW"

    ReplyDelete